Tuesday 21 September 2010

VOGUE Presentation & Research

Since we went to Tescos and did some ground research on magazines by finding out what various styles and ideas appealed to different audiences, we have been busy researching a specific type of magazine. We did a monologue on one magazine that we wouldn't perhaps choose to read out of choice, and got a few ideas of what kind of people read certain genres.
After we had done that task, we all created a powerpoint presentation on a magazine of our choice. I decided to do my powerpoint on VOGUE, a high end fashion magazine. There are two versions of VOGUE - teen vogue and original vogue. Through doing my research I found the many contrasts between the two magazines, and also what had made it successful, having two separate magazines to target a wider audience overall.




I really enjoyed learning all about vogue and what the figures were behind the magazine. I printed out some of the more detailed slides and made sure that I knew what I had to say for my presentation! By doing so and timing my lines with the slideshow, things went pretty smoothly. I wish I'd had more time to practice - but never mind!


In my big blue book I was given to record the process of making my magazine in, I wrote an analysis of my presentation, talking about what I did and why. I decided that I would write everything that I had said for each slide because I didn't simply read off of the slides, and without me writing anything in addition, you would assume that I had.



Favourite thing I learnt about VOGUE:

It's translated into 18 different languages across the globe!





No comments:

Post a Comment